Monday, November 28, 2011

A Blog In My Classroom

For me to use a blog in my 1st grade classroom, it would have to be geared towards the parents or other teachers. I really enjoy reading other teachers' blogs about what tools and strategies they use in their classrooms. I think that I would continue with that trend. I could see myself creating a different blog just for the parents and students in my room. For that blog, I think that I could post different things that we have done in the room (kind of like a show-and-tell). It would be great to have the students as authors so that they could post things as well, but I would have to create e-mails or use the parents' e-mails to do so. I think that I could have a generic e-mail just for the class to let all of the students use to blog and post things. As a parent myself, I enjoy hearing about what my kids have done in school, but I would love to see pictures and have them write about it. This could be a great tool for parents to see what is going on in our room.

9 comments:

  1. You have a great idea that any teacher could use. Since I teach upper level high school I have been thinking of blogs in the context of how my students could post on ideas. However, using it as a way to share the work we do is a great idea too. It gives a wider audience for student work and can give students authentic feedback to what they have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Communication between parents and teacher is vital in the educational world. Parents want to know what is going on in the child's life. Blogging in the way you explain would be fantastic! I enjoyed reading your blog. :)

    -Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use blogs to see what other professionals are doing my field. It's nice to get a personal opinion on some topics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before responding to your original comments, I have to say your design and color scheme are BEAUTIFUL! Yes, first graders would interact with a blog much differently than older students. Your idea of gearing it towards parents, with the creative help from your students, would be greatly appreciated (and enjoyed) by all involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are spot on with creating a blog for the parents. 1st graders may be a little too young, but their parents would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of collaborating with other teachers using a blog. I teach in a big district and it would be great to get other ideas from other teachers in the same subject area. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping parents involved is very important. I could see using a blog to help communicate as well. I also think commuticating with teachers is very important. I have read other blogs but never have thought to blog myself. Maybe after i get more experience teaching I will share...and blogging is a great place to start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also thought of using a blog in my classroom to communicate with parents. This would be a great use of blogs. Another blog from our class discussed confidentiality and parental permission for this, which is an important issue that would need to be addressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same issues in my classroom. My students are too young to have their own gmail account so I would have to create one class account or use parent e-mails. But I think it would be a great tool to use in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.