Wednesday, December 7, 2011

PLN's

Personal Learning Networks are new to me, so when we were asked to create a twitter account and post about them, I had to do a little research. I learned that PLN's are a great way for educators to communicate and share ideas. I follow quite a few teacher blogs, and "pin" numerous ideas from Pinterest.com, but I don't know if I really connected with any of the other users.

I can see myself using Twitter in the future to communicate and get ideas from other teachers. I love to borrow ideas that other teachers have come up with, especially web 2.0 tools. Twitter will be hard for me to get used to, because 140 characters isn't much. I do think, however, you can get to your point quickly and effectively. Besides Twitter, I have gotten hooked on the Educator's PLN through Ning. It has great links to other resources for the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the limited number of characters on Twitter makes it a little more difficult to use. I am not sure if I like using Twitter yet. I will have to keep playing around with it to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was new to Twitter too, and I'm not sure if it is my thing or something that I can get used to.

    I have recently being using pinterest also, and I love it! I follow different education sites on there and have gotten some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.